Our follower’s friends the Saleh family face deportation back to Egypt where they are likely to face violence, or even death.
Please sign this petition [x], read below for more information and links for how to help, and reblog to signal boost.
[TRIGGER WARNING - domestic violence, rape and abuse]
Mrs Saleh arrived to the UK over 5 years ago with her children aged just 12, 13, and 15 at the time. They spent the most formative years of their lives in the UK and identify with Wales in their character and identity.
Mrs Saleh has been seeking sanctuary from an abusive and cruel husband whose acts endangered her and her children’s lives for over 15 years to the extent of death and rape. The Egyptian authorities ignored this domestic abuse as her husband has close links with police, judges and other officials. Consequently, the family have been seeking asylum in the UK for the past few years.
Early yesterday, at about 6am the family’s house was raided by UKBA officers and they dragged Mrs Saleh and her two children out of bed. The family are now held in Cedars detention centre and have been told that the UKBA will try to deport them to Egypt either today or in the very near future.
- Second petition via 38 Degrees [x]
- Video showing UKBA taking the family from their home in Cardiff [x]
More information for contacting people:
Name: Fariman Saleh (and 2 children), Home Office reference number: S1391610/1
- Cedars Detention Centre - Postcode: RH11 9AD, Tel: 01293 844 900
- Theresa May (Home Secretary) - Email: email@example.com, Tel: 020 7219 5206
- Mark Harper (Minister for Immigration) - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 020 7219 5056
- Your local MP, councillors or MEP - www.writetothem.com
- Model letter/email to save the Saleh family [x]
- Any media outlets where you may have contacts, e.g. radio, papers, news channels, etc.
If you think that you could help in any other way, please contact the team working to save the Saleh family on 07411466065.